Sunday, March 28, 2010

Guilt-free vacation – Day 2 Guilt free until 9pm.

Day 2 of my “guilt free vacation” and it was a pretty fabulous day. Out to brunch at Tulí Bistro with the whole family and then to the Matinee of the Sacramento Ballet’s rendition of Carmena Burana followed by dinner at friends (after squeezing in a quick run out to the airport to pick up the mini-van).

After hustling 2 tired kids home to bed (6 year olds really need their sleep while 8 year olds still bounce), I decided to put together my “keeping me up at night” list and send it off to my employee who is lucky enough to be me for the week. Writing this email required opening my inbox and frankly, I am not sure how I feel about the shot of adrenaline at 9 pm. On the positive side, I’m typing faster!

Day 1: Saturday 4
Day 2: Sunday 3 – Managed to limit the damage to about 60 minutes.
Day 3: Monday  
Day 4: Tuesday  
Day 5: Wednesday  
Day 6: Thursday  
Day 7: Friday  
Day 8: Saturday  
Day 9: Sunday  
Scale: 0 = no guilt, no work thoughts
10 = high guilt, significant work thoughts

I do have a few work related items that will encroach tomorrow. Feeling positive that we can get to near zero at some point during the week! Off to bed since it’s early to rise tomorrow. Hopefully my packing for travel expertise will come in handy in the morning.

Signed,  “Vacationing” Maven

No comments: