Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Worked 1/2 day on Guilt-Free vacation Day 3

Day 3 of my “guilt free vacation” and due to a re-org at work and new employees being transferred to my department, it was a semi-work day. I feel that transition management is vital and speaking to these new employees and welcoming them to the team was important to me.

I did a bit of email on my Blackberry on the long drive to Monterey (I was bored), but I did appreciate N’s email response that said “WE GOT IT… RELAX!” Thanks, N!

The day ended with a fantastic walk along the coast to Cannery Row, mediocre Pizza and a walk back that included a lesson on Astronomy from my 6 year old. What we didn’t know, we made up! We certainly decided that despite the prevailing scientific opinion, we think Pluto should still be a planet.

Day 1: Saturday 4
Day 2: Sunday 3
Day 3: Monday 6
Day 4: Tuesday  
Day 5: Wednesday  
Day 6: Thursday  
Day 7: Friday  
Day 8: Saturday  
Day 9: Sunday  
Scale: 0 = no guilt, no work thoughts
10 = high guilt, significant work thoughts

Looking forward to whale watching, wandering, eating and shopping. Blackberry stays in the hotel.

Signed,  “Vacationing” Maven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love your Blog Lisa, especially the guilt scaling measurements.