Monday, March 22, 2010

Vacation guilt? Girls, we have to get over it!

I just ran across a link to the Expedia.com – 2009 International Vacation Deprivation™ Survey Results in this morning’s Pink Magazine ‘Mini Getaways” Newsletter.

Some of the horrifying highlights (Source: Expedia):

About one-third of employed U.S. adults (34%) usually do not take all of the vacation days they receive each year

24 percent – of employed adults check work email or voicemail while vacationing.

Men are more likely than women to take a 2-week vacation (12% men vs. 8% women). However, women are more likely than men to feel guilty about taking time off from work (40% women vs. 29% men).

And guess what?? I am GUILTY AS CHARGED! I am planning to take next week off for spring break while my children are out of school. It’s only 5 days and I hope to role model a actually taking time off and skipping the guilt.

Stay posted and I’ll let you know if I come up with any musings on guilt reduction methods.

Wish me luck.

Feeling dubious,  Maven.

Links:

Expedia.com Vacation Deprivation™ site: www.vacationdeprivation.com.

Need more ideas? Girlfriend Getaways: http://www.girlgetaways.com/

Subscribe to the Little Pink Book Newsletter: http://www.pinkmagazine.com/newsletter/subscribe.aspx

No comments: